Hello!


I didn't want to setup a blog to document my finance goals.

But seeing that my bank account balance didn't grow as much as I hoped and because of recent financial setbacks, I'm back to zero. I thought it would be best to document where I am and what I'm doing to get myself back on track.

A few things about me and where I am moneywise--

I need to write anonymously because I'll be posting my salary, debt, savings and investment amounts.

I'm in my mid-30s based in the Philippines. I have a job that pays a net of around 55 to 60k a month.

Due to a recent medical emergency in the family, I have credit card debt of 122k (as of this writing) and my emergency fund was fully exhausted.

I'm also paying off mortgage worth 2M+.

I don't do well with S.M.A.R.T. goals and it's not for lack of trying. Following strict rules eats up my energy. I need leeway.

Most of the personal finance blogs I read are written by very organized, goal-driven people. Following what they're doing drives me insane. Maybe it's best for me to tailor-fit my personal finance strategy in a way that won't stress me out too much. An example of what I'm saying is, I don't want to deprive myself as I pay off my debt, rebuild my emergency fund, and invest in stocks and funds. Yep, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Wish me luck.

-- Bee

Comments

  1. Like you, depriving myself to build my financial future isn't the way to go for me. I am a believer of rewarding myself constantly so I could do better. Good luck on this journey and I'll surely drop by every now and then to read up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bee!

    Congratulations on your new blog and taking a concrete step towards decimating your debt and getting your financial house in order! I'd like to say that demolishing your debt and increasing your net worth will be a linear journey, but sadly it's not. Life happens and your drive towards zero debt will waver at times, but by creating this blog you are holding yourself accountable for all your money moves and that should propel you to keep on moving even if it's the last thing you want to do. Gora lang ng gora :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts